Cooking at home is the best way to save cash, but it’s nice to go out sometimes, too. Check out Frugal Foodie every Friday for a selection of the latest coupons for casual and fancy fare.
This week: free bagels, BOGO Jamba Juice smoothies, 31-cent ice cream scoops, discount restaurant gift cards and more!
1) Noah’s Bagels
Get a free bagel at participating restaurants on Fridays before 11 a.m. when you present a print-out coupon. Even better, you can reuse the coupon every week through May 22, when the deal expires. (You’ll pay extra for a gourmet bagel, Bagel Thin or Powerbagel offerings. You’re also on the hook for taxes.)
2) Jamba Juice
Buy any drink and get another one of equal or lesser value for free when you present a print-out coupon. The deal is good at participating locations through April 25.
3) Baskin Robbins
On April 28 from 5 to 10 p.m., participating Baskin Robbins stores will host a 31-cent scoop night to benefit the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation. (You’ll still pay tax on the ice cream.)
4) B.R. Guest
Buy a gift card online through May 4 and save 15%. The chain operates 19 restaurants in New York, Florida and Las Vegas. (Fine print: Cards are not valid at Postcard Inn on the Beach and Wildwood BBQ & Burger.)
5) Red Lobster
On Wednesday, members of the free Fresh Catch Club received a print-out coupon good for $4 off two adult dinner entrees or $3 off two adult lunch entrees. Coupon expires June 17. Participating restaurants are also offering a “Festival of Shrimp” menu, from $11.99 for a two-option platter.
6) Chevys Fresh Mex
Through May 22, buy one entree and get a discount on the second with two printable coupons. One offers a second entree for $3.99 when you purchase one at full price; the other offers a discount of 20% on a second entree when you purchase one at full price. Participating locations and dine-in offers only. Coupons cannot be used on Mother’s Day (May 9) or Cinco de Mayo (May 5).
7) Buffalo Wild Wings
Buy six wings and get six more for free at participating restaurants when you present a print-out coupon. Cannot be used on Tuesdays or for take-out orders. Deal expires May 7.
Group-discount site Groupon.com routinely offers users discounts of 50% or better at local restaurants. You only get the deal if a set number of people sign up to buy it. Here’s a selection of the site’s Friday dining deals, which are only available for purchase until midnight:
- Austin: $25 for $50 at Judges’ Hill Restaurant
- Charlotte: $12 for $30 at Terrace Café
- Denver: $25 for $50 at Los Cabos II
- Houston: $15 for $30 at Sushi Raku
- Indianapolis: $25 for $50 at The Taste of Tango
- Kansas City, Kansas: $25 for $50 at the Majestic Restaurant
- Los Angeles: $35 for $70 at Porterhouse Bistro
- Louisville: $9 for 6 cupcakes at Gigi’s Cupcakes
- Miami: $15 for $35 Q American Barbeque
- Philadelphia: $10 for $20 at Tastebuds Market & Catering
- Providence: $15 for 12 cupcakes at Tip*C Cupcakes
- San Francisco: $10 for $20 at Café Flore
- San Jose: $10 for $20 at Vegetarian House
- St. Louis: $18 for $40 at Wild Horse Grill
- Tampa: $12 for $30 at The Grape
- Virginia Beach: $14 for $30 Lucky Oyster
Through April 25, Boston residents can pay $10 for a $20 voucher for Indian food and drinks at Shanti. Dine-in only; one voucher per person per table.
Frugal Foodie is a journalist based in New York City who spends her days writing about personal finance and obsessing about what she’ll have for dinner.